Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

How to Write a Successful Blog!

Hey Everyone,
 
 So this is a little different from usual. It's actually a request from my wonderful teacher, Mr. Elkin! He asked if I would write a blog post about how to write a pretty good blog, and seeing as my blog is pretty good, I said "why not?" So here we are!
     I figured the best way to do this was to go step by step. I'll tell you the main things to do and give you some examples. I hope that if you are a first time blogger that this helps you out!

  1. Pick a topic. It can be anything really. But it should be something that you know a lot about or you at least know you can talk about for a long time. And don't be afraid to get a little weird with your topic, just not TOO weird. For example if you are really passionate about dogs, you could write your blog about dogs and how to take care of different breeds, or different breeds' characteristics. Or if you're really passionate about cooking, you could have a blog where you try different recipes and review them. Stuff like that! Or give advice to people somehow. I feel like that is the point of most blogs despite the topic, just talk about something that you find interesting or helpful and try to get that out to other people. 
  2. Find your audience. When you're writing a blog, you're typically aiming it at a specific group. Your topic shouldn't be too broad because then you'll have a lot of competition for readers with other, bigger, more popular blogs. But then again it shouldn't be too specific either. You have to kind of find your little niche. And most of all once you have decided both of these things, you need to stick with it!
  3. Now it's time to Start Writing! This part if you have done the first two steps properly should actually be pretty easy. My best advice is to be yourself and write like yourself! What I mean by that is just sort of write, how you talk, so that you sound - like you! This will make you seem much more honest and will make your blog stand out more as unique because of your unique voice. Also, try to stay positive and stick with your topic. You don't want to just post some random rant at 2am and lose a bunch of readers. I'm not saying you can't rant about your life, just do it in a way that sticks to your topic! Also make sure that you are consistent with your blog. That's really important because if you aren't determined or persistent then you won't really get into it. To be honest, the more you do it, the more fun it is! 
Another tip for blogging is you want to break up your posts. Writing a lot is wonderful, but when someone looks at a page and sees this:
the interest goes away immediately. Make sure your blog is well designed and eye-catching and put in pictures or something of that nature to break up your post. That way even when you write a ton like I do, it doesn't make you want to instantly click off the page because it's just one huge block of text! Keep things fun and interesting!
     Once you follow those steps, you'll be good to go! You'll have a beautiful and interesting blog and you'll be sure to be successful! I hope this helped you and if you have any questions at all about blogging feel free to leave a comment below and I will try to help you as best I can!
Love to all!
-Autumn the Music Girl

6 comments:

  1. I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it and if there is someone who need Camera Monitoring System in Riyadh then visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Naija gist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… Music Production Courses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. DVJ Courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. contrôleurs DJ I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete